Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'll Take "Irony" for $100, Alex.

So this is my first post. So hey there. How are you? Oh, oh really? Great, awesome, yeah. Enough about you.  Seriously, fuck off. Read about me now.

Background necessary: I'm a nursing student and one of my labs requires us to have partners so we can take practical skills tests, two of which are scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. After my job shadow at a nearby hospital from 6:45 am to 10:30 am.

I get a facebook message from my partner, that reads something like this (Obviously, this is not the exact text, but this is what my rage-addled brain is seeing):

      "Oh hai! I'm going to apolgize for the short notice but I don't really feel bad, so fuck you. BTW I'm      dropping out of the nursing program so I won't be there for those test outs tomorrow. Or any test outs for that matter. Or lab. Ever. Did I mention fuck you?
        Sincerely,
        Douchetard"

Me upon reading this: 


This is the same partner that, at the beginning of the semester, said she was going to be a nurse because it was "Like, my calling. I just felt, like, it was my destiny." Upon being asked why she was dropping, she responded, "I don't really think it's for me." 

Head, meet desk. It feels like we've met before...were you at that benefit two weeks ago? No? Strange, I just have that feeling, y'know. We've totally met before, I just know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment